Monday 5 September 2016

Jupiter Art Land Work Experience!



During the summer while I was working on many exciting prop building projects (watch this space for the build write ups!) I was also working at Jupiter Art Land as a learning assistant. Inspiring and nurturing creativity in children is something I am very passionate about and before I go to study a BA in Model Effects at university next year I want to spend time developing this passion.
During my time at Jupiter I helped to run the children's art classes and workshops. From making pipe cleaner figures to bug houses to mud pies, helping and watching the children find their inner creativity was a truly inspirational experience!

One thing (which one can't fully appreciate until one has seen it) is the fact that a child's creativity has no limit. They have not experienced enough of the world to know what is and what isn't possible. They are explorers, finding and making new discoveries every day. Children aren't shackled by the rules, regulations, political ideas and social anxieties which prevent adults from truly expressing their creative voices. The raw, unfettered imagination a child possesses is a truly incredible thing to see.


From the wise words of  Pablo Picasso:

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.


My experience working at Jupiter Art Land exceeded my expectations. Not only working with the children but also working with the teachers, who's passion and commitment towards their work was truly inspiring.




No comments:

Post a Comment