Tuesday 5 May 2020

Plastic Paddle Boat

The boat build is finished! Rather than use a motor to paddle the boat, which I decided would be too expensive, I designed and built a paddle mechanism instead. Overall I am pleased with how this build turned out and learnt so much in the process. When the flat sheet of plastic arrived at the door, I must admit, I had my reservations, but in the end she turned out to be a worthy vessel! Please check out the videos below if you are interested in either the build or the final outcome.  

Check out the video tutorial here if you're 
interested in making one yourself:

Or check out the shorter video if you're just
interested in seeing it in action:

And some pictures of the final article:





 Test try with a kayak paddle



No comments:

Post a Comment